The Senior Designer at Vigor is a versatile creative talent who excels at multiple forms of visual communication. Ideal candidates are passionate about branding and design, as well as the food, beverage, and hospitality industries. They have a knack for translating strategic and business objectives into unique and recognizable creative across brand identity, long form print, packaging, advertising, and digital media.
Senior Designers don’t just follow trends, they create them, and bring a personal point of view to each project. An information and learning sponge, the Senior Designer seeks out new skills, information, and ideas to bring to all projects at the agency. With a bull-like “can’t stop, won’t stop” work ethic, our Senior Designer charges beyond client expectations and basic requirements to elevate work to their own high standards.
The Senior Designer will work closely with our Creative Director to understand the requirements of each project and will have a pivotal role in driving ideation, execution, and activation.
- Creates, designs and produces original concepts working alone and/or with a writer, strategist, social media or digital specialist, or lead team.
- Actively participate in creative ideation, brainstorming, internal meetings, and activities
- Designs in a wide variety of styles that are on strategy and that reflect a brand’s unique personality.
- Develops creative rationale that supports the work’s alignment with the strategy/brief.
- Acquires basic knowledge of, and can be conversant in, each client’s business model basics, key issues, graphic standards, demographics and competitive situation.
- Locates photographs, illustrations (and handles subsequent revisions/retouching/cropping) and copy needed for completion of assigned projects.
- Collaborates with broadcast production to ensure video projects are completed to our creative standards, on time and on budget
- Reviews work with creative lead(s) before presentation to client.
- Presents work to clients with strategic and conceptual support with a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style suitable to the client and conversation.
- Works with project management to ensure that all deliverables are being met from both a content and timing standpoint.
- Provides effective direction at photo and video shoots/production segments.
- Attends at least one seminar, workshop, or other educational activity annually.
- Remains current on industry trends and technology.
- Assists in preparation of new business presentations.
- 7+ years of solid graphic design experience in both print and digital within a studio or agency
- Degree in Graphic Design
- Possess a passion and refined sensibility for typography, color, and design trends
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with experience in the print production process
- Efficient and organized with an eye for detail
- Proven ability to collaborate with a creative team
- Flexible and able to handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinker with strong communication skills
- Bonus: Understanding of WordPress and current digital best practices, trends, and basic UX best practices
Apply for the Senior Designer Position
Note, this position is for the Atlanta office and permanently remote workers will not be considered. We are currently all working remote most of the week due to the pandemic.