Do you fight to dedangle participles, and disarm subject-verb disagreements? Do you harbor pet peeves about prevalent grammatical mistakes? Are you convinced the term “Grammar Nazi” is rude and unfair for a cause as noble as elevating one’s command of the English language? Do you dream of brunches and revel in delicious lunches? Well, we’re vibing with you, and we should talk.
We’re looking for a culturally in-tune, creative Junior Copywriter to join the herd at Vigor. You will work closely with our marketing strategist and creative team to develop content for social, website, and brand stories that express the core of our client’s brands.
Junior Copywriter’s responsibilities include conducting research from competitive analysis through search engine optimization, creating research reports, collaboratively brainstorming social content, crafting rich content for website experiences, and assisting with the scheduling of social and email marketing campaigns. Ultimately you will be key in developing the voice and stories for Vigor and our clients.
If you have a passion for writing, samples of your work, and an adoration for food and beverage, we’d like to get to know you. (Notice the Oxford comma in practice, we do.)
- Ideate on-brand, culturally relevant, and timely social media content
- Writing engagement-worthy social content, action-driving email content, and sticky website content
- Collaborate on strategy across the digital marketing ecosystem
- Absorb client brand strategies and tone voice, and expand them into robust languages
- Create promotional text for online ads, banners, brochures, and social networks
- Conduct basic keyword research
- Submit well-structured drafts to senior copywriter and strategists within deadlines
- Implement SEO practices to increase blog posts’ visibility
- Coordinate with designers to complement text with images, graphics, and charts, as needed
- Work experience as a Junior Copywriter, Content Writer or similar role
- Copywriting samples; a portfolio of published articles is a plus
An ability to describe product features in a creative and informative way
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Basic knowledge of SEO and keyword research tools (e.g. Keyword Planner and Moz)
- Familiarity with social media for business
- Solid time-management skills
- BSc in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
Toss your hat in the ring:
Think you’re the right bull for the job? Let’s chat! Use this form to apply to the Jr. Copywriter position.