When we were approached by Sublime Doughnuts’ newly retained franchise marketing and sales company, the brand was solely focused on the product with little thought given to the brand’s identity or visual communications. The Vigor team had to steer the thought process of the brand’s visionary owner/baker to focus on the outward facing image, and what that image says to the world. The idea was there, but there had been little to no investment in the brand experience beyond the offering. Additionally, the Vigor team was challenged with the following:
- Position the brand against key competitors in current and new markets to ensure a high level of differentiation akin to the brand’s vision
- Create a new experience that encapsulates the brand’s passionate purpose of “make happy happen”
- Refine the brand identity to be easier to visual interpret and elevate the look to the level of a franchise
- Create an interior storefront/retail design experience that felt like “another world” with a minuscule budget investment
- Furnish the franchise sales team with marketing collateral that properly communicated the brand’s unique offering to entice buy in.