The Johnny’s Pizza House challenge was multi-faceted. The brand was communicating with a dated image that had no elements of differentiation in an aggressive category in the restaurant industry. The Vigor team needed to figure out what made the Johnny’s Pizza House brand experience completely unique and what got people so passionate about it. In addition, the Vigor team was challenged to:
- Pinpoint key elements of the existing brand that had strong brand recognition in current markets.
- Garner understanding and key insights on what the true
passion for Johnny’s Pizza House was for customers and
- Craft a repositioning strategy for the brand’s future including a implementation into new units and retrofitting existing units.
- Redesign the brand identity with a focus on maintaining elements with brand equity while reinforcing the new passionate purpose.
- Develop a robust toolkit for building upon the brand touch points across multiple media.
- Create a vibrant image of owned graphic elements that can be applied across new markets to create brand awareness and loyalty rapidly.
- Rethink the marketing strategy to reduce dependence on deal marketing initiatives.